Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 31, 2008

- PRAYER ROCKS


I'm your little prayer rock
and this is what I'll do...
Just put me on your pillow
until the day is through
Then turn back all the covers
and climb into your bed
WHACK! your little prayer rock
will hit you on the head
Then you will remember
as the day is through
To kneel and say your prayers
as you wanted to
And then when you are finished
just dump me on the floor
I'll stay throughout the night
to give you help once more
When you get up in the morning
CLUNK! I'll stub your toe
So you'll remember to say your
morning prayers before you go
Put me back upon your pillow
once your bed is made
And your clever little prayer rock
will continue in your aid
Because your Heavenly Father
cares and loves you so
He wants you to remember
to talk to Him, you know?

Author unknown


Kurt helped me paint rocks last night for Sharing Time in Primary today. I had walked down to the creek on our property to gather the river rocks by myself at dusk last night. When I had finished, I heard a noise and looked across the creek to see a big bobcat looking at me. We stared each other down for about 20 seconds and then he turned and walked away. I don't think I've ever hurried home as fast as I did last night!

Today I presented the Primary theme for September - Prayer. We made prayer rocks to help the kids remember to say their prayers in the morning and before they go to sleep.
They had such a fun time decorating their prayer rocks. I loved seeing their finished projects. One of the girls had written "prey" on her rock. One boy wrote - "Pray - or else!" on his.
Anjolina's prayer rock.

Nicholas's prayer rock.

Tanner's prayer rock.

Brooke's prayer rock.

Spencer's prayer rock.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So...I'm guessing you won't be traipsing around the property by yourself much - that sounds scary!

Cindy C. said...

So sweet; I remember helping make prayer rocks back in the day... it looks like the children had a lot of fun!