Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 27, 2009

Taco Soup

This is one of those frequently requested recipes. I always have to look all over for it, so I'm going to just post it here so I can just tell friends and family, "It's on my blog, just do a search under recipes." Sorry this is so late Angie.



TACO SOUP

1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 – 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 – 15 oz can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 – 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 – 15 oz. can red kidney beans, undrained
1 pkg (or ½ cup) taco seasoning mix

Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper. Drain. Add remaining ingredients (remember – do not drain canned ingredients!) Heat thoroughly. Serve with tortilla chips and shredded cheese. I usually double this recipe. YUM!

3 comments:

lfhamp said...

Tami, Thanks for this great recipe. I've already made it twice. The boys loved it and it took no time at all to put together. This is such a keeper.

Tami Casper said...

YAY! I'm glad you like it! It's one of those "go to" recipes when I'm in a hurry. I should have mentioned it's perfect in the crockpot on low for a few hours too. I've been substituting black beans for the kidney beans lately. I think I like them better.

lfhamp said...

I'll have to try it with black beans...they are my favorites anyway. Thanks again.