Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chinese with Friends

This morning, I made these Mini Chocolate Chip Pecan Pies with Salted Caramel Drizzle treats and took them to my friends at Dr. Kiholm's office. I first tasted these delectable delights at a Memorial Day Party at Villa Strayer. Whitney Lichty, author of "Haus Food" blog was the creator. Whitney, and her husband Ben, have since become the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy and I'm sure Whitney's busier than she's ever been in her life, but she so graciously agreed to give me the recipe before it was even posted on her blog. Thank you, Whitney, for taking the time to email this recipe to me! I have a new favorite dessert! To see the recipe, and check out Whitney's blog, visit her at Haus Food. You'll be glad you did!

After I was "crowned" queen for the day, we all went to lunch at Diamond Chinese Restaurant. It was just like old times. I'd forgotten how yummy this restaurant is! It was a special treat to have "Dr." Mike join us today. I love that guy. Nobody understands my "lack of color" like he does! ;-)

This is what came out of my fortune cookie today. I guess I'd better be thinking green. I'll need all the luck I can get next week.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

ummmmmm i MUST make these immediately!!!!!

Custom Concepts said...

mmmm haven't seen that version of my favorite pecan treat!