Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Snapshot Sunday - Kindle/Pixel of Ink

Kurt insisted that I needed a Kindle.  He had one, and he loved it.  Me?  I love turning the pages in my books.  I love bookmarks.  I love bookshelves, bookcases and bookends.  I love libraries.  Knowing we were going on a cruise last September, I agreed that a Kindle would be nice so I could travel a little lighter with my reading material.  I've gotta say, I'm a believer now!  At last count, I've read 17 books on my Kindle!  My favorite thing is bouncing back and forth from the Book of Mormon to my favorite scripture study guide, "Verse by Verse."  It makes studying the scriptures so easy!  I recently came across, (thanks for the heads-up, Lia), a mailing list called "Pixel of Ink."  Every day they send you an email with free or low cost ebooks. Some of the offerings have been things I have absolutely no interest in, but I have found some really good books from the list!  I haven't stopped reading "real" books - I never will - but there's something to be said for being able to increase the font size on the Kindle so I can read a book without reading glasses!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm with you about real books, bookmarks and libraries. I've been thinking about getting a Kindle, simply to save me from having to haul around a heavy backpack at school this summer. Michael encouraged me to try the Kindle app on my laptop first, so I'm going to try that. Bonus - textbooks are cheaper on Kindle :)

Carrie said...

I joined Pixel of Ink. I've downloaded 4 books so far, 1 biography and 3 chick lit. Going to start reading them this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!