Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

- DOWN TO THE LAST PEACH!

I had such a fun time canning peaches after work tonight. I had taken one box of peaches to work to share with my co-workers, so I only had about 50 lbs. to can. I ended up doing 14 quarts in jars and 4 quarts in freezer containers (for pies). I sliced some and left some in halves. I used light syrup - 1 cup sugar to 3 cups water. As I sit here typing this, I can hear the ping of the lids sealing in the kitchen. I LOVE that sound! I really should do more canning - I forget how much I love it!

Kurt got home just in time to help me put the last of the peaches in freezer containers. He helped me clean up my mess too! We don't have a single peach left! Woooo Hooooo!!! (Sorry Tyler!)

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Your peaches look beautiful! And yes I am working on a quilting project! Blogging is fun and it is funny how it makes you look at things a bit differently! I have enjoyed keeping up with your blogs on a daily basis as well! I'm glad that you liked the way my blog has turned out. It was fun putting it together. Take care for now!

Tara said...

They look great. I know the in-laws are so greatful to you for taking them. They were up to their ears! I expect some pie samples, though!
Love ya!
PS-Extra brownie points to Kurt!