Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 14, 2008

- RASPBERRY CREAM CREPES

This morning I got up and made breakfast for Kurt and Tyler. (Tyler's been spending the night here on Saturday nights so he can go to church before work). I found fresh raspberries on sale at Safeway yesterday so I just had to make crepes.


RASPBERRY CREAM CREPES

Crepe Batter:

3 TBLS butter
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt

Melt butter in crepe pan. Pour the melted butter into blender; set pan aside for later use.

Into blender, add the eggs, milk and water. Blend until combined. Add the flour and salt. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate batter at least 1 hour. The finished batter should be the consistency of heavy cream. If it is too thick, add some milk or water - 1 TBLS at a time.

Heat the crepe pan over medium heat for approximately 45 seconds (I use 4 to 4 1/2 on precise simmer). Hold the pan by the handle and add 1/4 cup of prepared batter. As you are pouring the batter into the heated pan, rotate the pan so the bottom is completely covered with a thin layer of the batter. The crepe should set into a thin pancake almost immediately. Cook each crepe until lightly browned, about 30 seconds. Flip the crepe over to lightly brown the other side for approximately 15 seconds, using a spatula if necessary. Stack crepes between waxed paper until ready to use. MAKES 10 CREPES.

Cream Cheese Filling:

1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 - 8 oz. container Cool Whip

Mix ingredients together until light and fluffy. Spread cream mixture evenly over inside of each crepe. Sprinkle raspberries over the cream and then roll the crepes up. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with more raspberries. Serve on chocolate drizzled plate (I love the new Hershey's Special Dark syrup!)

YUM!

5 comments:

Tara said...

You HAVE to come over sometime and show me how to make crepes. I loved when my grandmother made them when I was a kid. YUM!

Carrie said...

So...do you have a crepe pan and would you want to help with the crepes at Michael's Bon Voyage party? See...these blogs are nothing but trouble :)

Tami Casper said...

I would LOVE to help! I'll make crepes! (They can even be made in advance). Remind me when the party is. I need to get it on my calendar.

Carrie said...

Monday, Oct. 13 6:30 at the LaLondes. I borrowed a crepe maker from a friend, would that make things easier? Also, Laura Bonham, Carol Miller's daughter volunteered to help with the crepes, so you are not alone! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Tami Casper said...

I have a crepe pan. It works great. Do you want them made there or beforehand? What kind of crepes are you planning to serve? Dessert crepes or dinner crepes?