Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday - Back in the Saddle

I'm finally running again.  I gave myself a couple of months to recover from running my first marathon.  My left knee is still a little tender, and I'm losing the big toenail on my left foot, but I HAD to get back on the treadmill.  I'm a much happier, more energetic person when I run.  There's definitely something to be said for elevated serotonin and endorphin levels.  Life is good!

2 comments:

polly compost said...

surely you need more time!!!

CindyC.wannabequilter said...

I got the black toe thing too. I wish the dumb nail would hurry and fall off. I just started running again after the Turkey Trot. I have missed it! Good luck to you as you get back in shape!