Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjHwZna5XCNlWoOZI4WXYEZndM58v0CxbkkS3TAEzv7C_wu2I8Ou8ABpWsOXiliDVqj6C9FLdW49rpMavQjH7FIqCq7RhPnCHSjX8ZBdRFawgh0QiH-XFd_vvqKhneXMj4Uezfurgg7ef0/s800/Hotel_fn.jpg

Just read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet," an incredibly sweet story about love and loyalty. It's a love story and a history lesson about the Japanese interments during WWII. The love story starts when Henry Lee and Keiko Okabe are barely ten years old. They develop a wonderful friendship despite circumstances that should keep them forever apart. I loved the "sweet" part of the book but was sad about the "bitter" part. I was so glad for the happy ending (I guess it was a happy ending - it ended pretty abuptly), but find myself wondering why there had to be so much bitter before the sweet part began. I'm left feeling that I wish Henry and Keiko had tried harder to be together. They had plenty of opportunities. Good read though. I would definitely recommend this book. I'm sure I'll read it again. It smells good ;-)

No comments: