Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

- EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT

Kurt called me at work today to tell me that Alyssa was headed for the emergency room in Roseville. She's been having a sharp pain in her abdomen for about 3 days. She went to the doctor today and he sent her to the hospital for more tests. They were thinking it was probably appendicitis since the pain was on her right side. They wanted to do blood work and an ultrasound.

When I arrived, she had an I.V. in her arm and was not a happy camper. (She hates needles). Check out her nervous smile.

Luckily Alax was with her. He was such a calming influence - on both of us.
We were there for over 3 hours. After the ultrasound, the Dr. reported that Alyssa has a golf ball-sized cyst on her ovary. She'll need to follow up with her OB/GYN to see what he wants to do next.

This photo is Alyssa's worst nightmare. It involves blood, needles and veins. I wonder how long it'll be before she asks me to take this off my blog? ;)

4 comments:

Leesh said...

WOW!! Hope she is ok- my sis-in-law has had one the size of a grapefruit on her ovary for over a year now and she is pregnant, with no real complications. Kinda crazy! Hope Lyss is ok. :)

Shauna McDonald said...

Wow - not the call a mom likes to get. Hope she's feeling better soon and follows up with her doctor, I know from experience that it's not too fun.

Cindy C. said...

I hope that all will be well soon, so you can go forward with the wedding plans!

Carrie said...

Wow! I hope they get this taken care of quickly. Poor Alyssa!

Wait till she has an IV during labor - now THAT'S a needle! :)