Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 23, 2012

Memory Monday - Card Carrying

Ever since I can remember, I have loved libraries and books.  It all started in a small basement library in Garland, Utah.  My mom would take me and my sister there often to check out stacks of books.  I remember how I loved the quiet, almost reverent, feeling and the smell of old, musty books.  Imagine my excitement when I first entered the Library of Congress in Washington DC.  Then, imagine my disappointment to find out that I was only allowed to look down on the reading room from a glass window above.  I have been wanting to get my reader card ever since I first walked into this building. 

Picture me sitting in this reading room, doing research.

It's going to happen now.  I am, finally, along with my friend Lynne, a card-carrying Library of Congress reader!  We did notice that our cards are only valid for 2 years.  Guess we'll have to make the trek back to DC next year to renew! 
 (Oh my, what a mug shot!)

4 comments:

Kim said...

How jealous am I?!? What an absolutely amazing thing to be able to do.

Alyssa said...

That's awesome!

Carrie said...

Woo hoo! You lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Congrats Aunt Tami! Seriously very cool.