Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Amish Country

I crossed another item off my Bucket List today! I have wanted to visit Lancaster County, Pennsylvania for as long as I can remember. I have read everything I can get my hands on having to do with the Amish and Mennonite way of life. It fascinates me. I love their minimalist lifestyle, their hardworking attitude, and how they work together as a community. I have collected Amish cookbooks, Amish quilt patterns, and have ALWAYS wanted to own an Amish handmade quilt. We stayed in Lancaster, but drove through Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bird In Hand, and a few other little towns with equally interesting names ;-) We wandered through an Amish Farmer's Market, went in search of covered bridges, and even went into the home of a nice Amish family to see the beautiful quilts the women had made. I can't wait to go back when I have more time. Next time, I WILL come home with a quilt!

No comments: