Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 21, 2011

Quarter for a Cart

My new favorite place to shop for groceries is Aldi, a no frills discount store that sells basic staples. I first heard about Aldi on the Clark Howard radio show. He RAVED about it. I wasn't able to find an Aldi on the west coast, but they're all over here in the east. The prices are the best I've seen, and while I haven't found anything I didn't love, I haven't always found everything I needed. Therefore, I shop first at Aldi and then get what I can't find there at
other grocery stores. It's quite an adventure shopping at Aldi - no name brands, no credit cards accepted, no shopping bags available (you bring your own), and the most surprising thing was that you pay 25 cents for the use of a shopping cart! You get your quarter back when you return the cart though. Funny thing is, there are NO shopping carts sitting around in the parking lot. Imagine that! I LOVE Aldi!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

best idea ever. is it kinda like Winco?

Tami Casper said...

Way smaller than Winco and no bulk items. But I really like it. It's never crowded and I'm in and out in a flash!